Saturday, January 14, 2023

A Compendium of This Blogger's Poetry

 (so far)

     Pardon my vanity, but there are people who actually seek out my own original work, as opposed to existing work by others.  I realized the menu item with my name currently pulls up several long photo exposes.  So, with your indulgence, I'm going to post links to some of my own poetry throughout this blog.  
     [I am not including my original translations of Biblical poetry. There's a "Biblical poetry" link for that in the side bar (on desktop or web versions).]
     The first one listed, on "joy", has gotten the most feedback for touching others over the years.  Other than that, they are mostly listed from newest posted to earliest posted.  (That's not the same as reverse order of when they were written.)  Thanks for reading.  In a world of being pushed & shoved by everyone and anyone grabbing a platform, I appreciate you spending some time in my less traveled corner of the world.  











2 comments:

David C Brown said...

Thanks - that's helpful.
You must think me very vain!

C. Marie Byars said...

Hi, David.

No, I don't think you're vain at all. It's just that I mix in the "real professionals" with my stuff (while some people, such as yourself, run blogs that are strictly their own work).

Just acknowledging I'm not Christina Rossetti, Gerard Manley Hopkins, William Cowper, etc. Just being the best "me" that I can be.

That being said, the first one listed on "Joy" has seemed to float some people's boats. Though it might seem simplistic, it feels like deeper things peep out. I don't think I was fully aware of all the angles when I wrote it. It was about 18 months after my reconversion to Christianity.

Your book arrived, by the way. Have much to ponder there.